Sunday, January 4, 2009

Encouragement for the new year

As I was praying for the church on New Year's Day and listening to some worship music, a word from the Lord came out during a song and I believe that it applies to us at the Madison Vineyard. Maybe I'm crazy, but here it is:
"For have I not said that I would do a new thing? Time without number I have proclaimed through my prophets that I am doing a new thing. The 'Suddenly' of the Lord is about to break out amoung you. When you think not, suddenly I will move. For you say it is a hard thing that a billion souls would come into my Kingdom, but I say unto you that is an easy thing for me. For I am the God that created the heavens and the earth, nothing is too difficult for me. Even in this hour, I am raising up young apostles and prophets in the marketplace, even in the media, on the campuses, and in my church. For did I not say that you would marvel, did I not say that you would be astonished! For suddenly, suddenly I will enter my temple; I will manifest my glory in the midst of my people. I will raise up shepards after my own heart, like my servant David, for my eyes are looking to and fro. Will you say yes? For I will raise up shepards after my own heart and they will feed people the knowledge of my heart and they will walk in purity. For I will do a new thing! Will you say yes to my Spirit? "

That was basically the jist of it, and some of it maybe doesn't apply, but it really encouraged me!!

1 comment:

MVC said...

Very encouraging! In Oct. we were at a pastor's conference and when we received prayer for Madison Vineyard 2 different people felt the Lord speak the word "suddenly"- that He is the God of suddenly in our lives. Before the conference in my own time with the Lord, I also felt He spoke the word "suddenly". So I think God really is trying to get this across to us. :-)